Now in its second edition, Teaching Primary English is a bestselling, comprehensive, evidence-informed guide designed to support and inspire teaching and learning in the primary school. Written in a clear and accessible way, it draws on the very latest research and theory to describe and exemplify a full and rich English curriculum. It offers those on teacher training courses, as well as qualified teachers who are looking to develop their practice, invaluable subject knowledge and guidance for effective, enjoyable classroom practice.
Throughout there is an emphasis on equity and inclusion. Advice and ideas are supported by explicit examples of good teaching linked to video clips filmed in real schools, reflective activities, observational tasks and online resources. Each chapter includes suggestions for great children’s literature, considers assessment throughout and offers support in planning for inclusion and special educational needs. New and expanded areas for this edition include:
- Multimodal texts
- Increased coverage of Early Years
- Dialogic learning and oracy
- Comprehensive companion website with revised and additional resources
- A new section on digital literacies
- Reading for pleasure
- Teaching grammar in context
- Critical literacy
With a focus on connecting all modes of English, the global and the local, and home and school experience, this detailed, uplifting book, includes inspiring case studies throughout and will support you in developing a curious, critical approach to teaching and learning English.
Additional content can be found on the fantastic supporting website. Features include:
- Video clips from within the classroom to demonstrate English teaching techniques
- Audio resources, including an interactive quiz, to check understanding and provide real-life examples and case studies
- Downloadable resources to support teaching and incorporate into lesson plans.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.