Mayes' Midwifery is a core text for students in the UK, known and loved for its in-depth approach and its close alignment with curricula and practice in this country. The sixteenth edition has been fully updated by leading midwifery educators Sue Macdonald and Gail Johnson, and input from several new expert contributors ensures this book remains at the cutting edge.
The text covers all the main aspects of midwifery in detail, including the various stages of pregnancy, possible complexities around childbirth, and psychological and social considerations related to women's health. It provides the most recent evidence along with detailed anatomy and physiology information, and how these translate into practice.
Packed full of case studies, reflective activities and images, and accompanied by an ancillary website with 600 multiple choice questions and downloadable images, Mayes' Midwifery makes learning easy for nursing students entering the profession as well as midwives returning to practice and qualified midwives working in different settings in the UK and overseas.
- Expert contributors include midwifery academics and clinicians, researchers, physiotherapists, neonatal nurse specialists, social scientists and legal experts
- Learning outcomes and key points to support structured study
- Reflective activities to apply theory to practice
- Figures, tables and breakout boxes help navigation and revision
- Associated online resources with over 600 MCQs, reflective activities, case studies, downloadable image bank to help with essay and assignment preparation
- Further reading to deepen knowledge and understanding
- New chapters addressing the issues around being a student midwife and entering the profession
- More detail about FGM and its legal implications, as well as transgender/binary individuals in pregnancy and childbirth
- New information on infection and control following from the COVID-19 pandemic
- Enhanced artwork program
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.